Cafe-Med.net

or I increase my value and help them get prospects in retur

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Pour Les Nouveaux Membres -> Règles Générales
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555
ForuManiac
ForuManiac

Faculté: MJH

MessagePosté le: 28/12/2016 09:09:47    Sujet du message: or I increase my value and help them get prospects in retur Répondre en citant

INDIANAPOLIS - Larry Bird ended the speculation about Frank Vogels job security before it could even begin. Hes safe.On Wednesday, the Pacers president of basketball operations announced Vogel had signed a multiyear contract extension. Terms were not disclosed and players and coaches were unavailable because they had a scheduled day off. The 41-year-old Vogel is expected to take questions Thursday.The move comes exactly three weeks before Indianas regular-season opener against Philadelphia and eliminates a potential distraction since Vogel was entering the final year of his deal with the Pacers.Were very happy to extend Franks contract, Bird said in a statement issued by the team. I believe he has done a great job and I look forward to continuing our relationship and working together to achieve all of our goals.A year ago, winning the citys first NBA title seemed like an achievable feat. Bird acknowledged before training camp that the Pacers were going all in to make a championship run. Vogels players responded with a 33-8 start that gave Vogel his first chance to coach the Eastern Conference All-Stars.Little has gone right since then for the Pacers and Vogel, who has a 147-82 career record.The Pacers stumbled in the second half of the season, finishing 23-18 amid squabbling teammates and questions about whether Indiana had the right mix of players -- or even the right coach. That didnt stop during first- and second-round playoff series against Atlanta and Washington. Indiana wound up advancing to the conference finals and losing again to the Miami Heat.In early June, Bird defended his coach and denied there was any consideration of getting rid of Vogel.The day it (the report) happened, I went down to Frank and all of his assistants and said, I want you back next year, and that was the end of it for us, Bird said at a season-ending news conference.But things got worse during the off-season.In July, Lance Stephenson left for Charlotte in free agency, and in early August, two-time All-Star Paul George broke his right leg when he ran into a basketball stanchion during a national team scrimmage in Las Vegas. Stephensons decision and Georges injury, which is likely season-ending, left Vogel without his two best scorers.While many outsiders and some players have acknowledged Indiana needs to scale back its goals this season, Vogel has insisted the Pacers can win.The message to my team is that we have to bring a high level of competitiveness every night. We have to bring it every night, Vogel said last week during the Pacers media day. We have enough talent here to be competitive and compete with the best.Vogel got his big break in January 2011, succeeding the fired Jim OBrien as the Pacers interim coach. He turned around a team that looked like it would miss the playoffs for a fifth consecutive year, finishing 20-18 and leading it into the post-season for the first time since 2006. Vogel then got the coaching job full-time.In 2012, Vogel led the Pacers to their first playoff series win since Reggie Miller retired seven years earlier, and then to back-to-back conference finals appearances.So with the Pacers facing perhaps their most daunting challenge in years, Bird rewarded Vogel by eliminating by one more potential distraction -- his future.Im excited for the opportunity to continue my tenure as Pacers coach, Vogel said in the statement. Its an honour to represent this franchise and lead this team. I look forward to the challenge ahead. Kevin Johnson Texans Jersey. Nwaneri, who was born in Dallas and attended Naaman Forest High School in nearby Garland, Texas, tweeted, "Its official! Im coming home, Im coming home. Quintin Demps Texans Jersey. George Hill had 13 points and seven rebounds for the Pacers, who stayed atop the overall NBA standings despite losing twice on their West Coast trip. Los Angeles kept it close into the second half before the Pacers finished an easy win over the injury-riddled Lakers, who have lost five straight. http://www.nfltexansgearsshop.com/Black-C-J-Fiedorowicz-Texans-Jersey.html?cat=910. The American secured his first back-to-back ATP match wins since June to leave Tsonga relying on his performance at next weeks Paris Masters to clinch one of the final three places for the season-ending event in London. Tsonga would have moved up one spot to No. 6 with a win over Querrey at the City of Arts and Sciences, but his serve deserted him in the second set as the 116th-ranked American broke twice to reach the quarter-finals. Jeoffrey Pagan Texans Jersey. - Florida State has suspended Jameis Winston for the entire game against Clemson on Saturday, extending its initial punishment of one half after the quarterback made offensive and vulgar comments about female anatomy earlier this week. Chris Clark Texans Jersey.com) - New England Patriots starting center Bryan Stork will not play in Sundays AFC Championship against Indianapolis due to a knee injury the rookie sustained last week.MESA, Ariz. -- Jeff Samardzija isnt sure where hell be by the end of the season. Hes a good candidate to be traded by the Chicago Cubs given his one-year contract and hes determined to pitch well whether he stays put or gets dealt. "I know if I do my part and do what I expect of myself and what the team expects of me, then everything else is clear about what the future holds," Samardzija said. "All I can do is increase my value as much as possible, and I think in the end, its going to help the organization no matter what. Either it helps the organization by keeping me here and proving that Im that guy, or I increase my value and help them get prospects in return." For now a cloud hovers over him. As pitchers and catchers worked out for the first time on Friday, Samardzija stared at an uncertain future. Failed attempts at a long-term contract led to trade talks and, ultimately, a one-year agreement worth $5,345,000 to avoid arbitration on Saturday -- two days before his scheduled hearing. Samardzija wouldnt reveal how wide the gap is for a longer contract. "If there wasnt a gap we would have already signed," he said. "But both sides are justified. Its not like anyones asking for some outlanddish concept.ddddddddddddI understand where theyre coming from. They understand where Im coming from. Thats really all there is to say." Are they still discussing a multi-year deal? "Were not really going to talk about that," he said. "Were about this season. Were looking to get ready to compete and win some ballgames. We dont want any distractions whether its with that or the trade talks or this or that. To me, its a no-comment. Im out there getting ready to do my thing and, like I said before, put no doubt in anybodys minds about who I am or what I can be for this team or this organization." The 29-year-old Samardzija is coming off an unremarkable season that saw him go 8-13 with a 4.34 ERA, but he was one of only 10 pitchers with at least 200 innings and 200 strikeouts. Hes also not eligible for free agency until 2015, an added plus for potential suitors. And with the Cubs in a rebuilding mode, his days in Chicago could be winding down. "You address it because its going to be talked about," new manager Rick Renteria said. "What were going to try to do is make him understand that the only thing that is significantly important to him is what he does between the lines." china nfl jerseys ' ' '
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 28/12/2016 09:09:47    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Pour Les Nouveaux Membres -> Règles Générales Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation