Cafe-Med.net

14 put the Blue Jays ahead.Its pretty obvious how big

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Forum Des Etudiants En Médecine -> Espace PCEM - 1ère & 2ème Année
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
mary123
Hyper Actif
Hyper Actif

MessagePosté le: 28/12/2016 02:17:15    Sujet du message: 14 put the Blue Jays ahead.Its pretty obvious how big Répondre en citant

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers tinkered with their rotation this week to get things set up for a possible postseason run.Now all the Rangers have to do is get there, which seems like a certainty for a club with an 8 1/2-game lead in the American League West.However, just getting to the postseason isnt enough for the Rangers or left-hander Cole Hamels (14-5, 3.24 ERA), who gets the start for Texas on Friday in the series opener against Oakland. Right-hander Kendall Graveman (10-10, 4.13 ERA) will start for the As.After two rocky starts, Hamels was better Saturday against the Los Angeles Angels, as he allowed two runs in six innings. It marked the first time in three starts that he went more than 4 1/3 innings. Hamels is 0-1 in those three outings with an 11.25 ERA.Those arent exactly the kind of numbers he expects out of himself as hes lined up to be the Game 1 starter in the American League Division Series if the club makes it to the postseason.I wasnt happy I walked four guys (against the Angels), Hamels said. Thats kind of been my downfall this year. To me, thats unacceptable. To me, thats something Ive got to correct. When you get to the postseason, walks hurt you. You cant give away freebies. Thats the focus -- getting back to establishing strikes in the strike zone and being aggressive, not putting myself behind.The 72 walks Hamels has allowed are a career high and the most in the American League. While that number isnt good, he knows he has time to get things going.My main focus is being ready for the postseason, Hamels said. Maintaining health, thats what you want and be sure that everythings in sync and take the understanding of what it takes to get into the postseason and succeed in the postseason. Were getting ready every day to put ourselves in the best possible position to be prepared.Before the Rangers can get to the postseason, they have to figure out a way to beat the red-hot As, who have been tough on the Rangers despite their standing in the West.Oakland is coming off a four-game sweep of Kansas City in which it outscored the Royals by 31 runs, the largest margin of victory for Oakland in a four-game set in club history.The As have made like tough for the Rangers, too. The As are 6-7 against Texas, despite getting swept in their last series in Arlington.Oakland has found a spark with young players such as third baseman Ryon Healy, who homered and drove in three in a 14-5 win at Kansas City on Thursday.Veteran guys look at this and say, you know what, Ive got to up my game a little, Oakland manager Bob Melvin told MLB.com of his teams surge.Graveman is the leading winner for Oakland, and he allowed three runs or fewer in four of his past five starts. His last outing was a dud, though, as he gave up eight runs and 12 hits in five-plus innings Saturday against the Seattle Mariners.Despite being Oaklands leader in starts and innings pitched, he hasnt faced the Rangers yet this season. In his two career starts vs. Texas, he has struggled to a 7.84 ERA, but he does have a win against the Rangers.Hamels got a no-decision against the As on May 17 in Oakland, allowing four runs (three earned) in 6 2/3 innings. In three career starts vs. the As, he is 1-1 with a 2.18 ERA. Matt Schaub Falcons Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Mohamed Sanu Falcons Jersey .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. http://www.falconsprofansonline.com/ . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Courtney Upshaw Falcons Jersey . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. Vic Beasley Falcons Jersey . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. TORONTO -- Jose Bautista hasnt put up the numbers he had hoped for as he heads toward free agency in the offseason. Still, the Blue Jays slugger has one of baseballs most dangerous bats.Bautista hit a three-run homer off Tyler Clippard in the eighth inning, and Toronto beat the fading New York Yankees 3-0 Saturday.Josh Donaldson singled with two outs in the eighth off Clippard (3-5), advanced on a wild pitch, and Edwin Encarnacion walked. Clippard fell behind 2-0 in the count and Bautista sent a fastball over the left-field wall, delighting the crowd of 47,828.I was definitely looking for a heater in that situation, and I was lucky to make good contact, Bautista said.Bautista has hit at least 20 home runs in seven straight seasons. He has 16 career home runs that have given his team a lead in the eighth inning or later, including 14 with Toronto. Of his 20 homers this season, 14 put the Blue Jays ahead.Its pretty obvious how big he is for us, Blue Jays pitcher Marcus Stroman said. It seems like he always steps up in those key moments when we need him most.Bautista, who doubled in the first, has reached safely in 31 straight games.It looks like hes heating up at the right time, manager John Gibbons said.Stroman gave up one hit in seven innings -- Aaron Hicks single in the second.Stroman kept us in check, New York manager Joe Girardi said. We just werent able to get anything going off him.Toronto leads Baltimore by 1 1/2 games for the ALs top wild card, with Detroit another half-game back.New York has been shut out in three straight games for the first time July 27-28, 1975. The Yankees have been held scoreless an AL-worst 13 times this season, with six of those coming in September.Whatever were doing right now its not working, Mark Teixeira said. We just seem to have lost it the last few days.The Yankees havent scored since Donovan Solanos two-run homer in thee ninth inning of Wednesdays win at Tampa Bay.ddddddddddddYou become disappointed when theres a lack of effort, Girardi said. Theres no lack of effort. We had optional BP today and everybody hit, so theres no lack of effort.The major league record for consecutive shutout losses is four. The last to do it was the Chicago Cubs from April 27 to May 1, 1992.The Yankees, who have lost 10 of 13 following a seven-game winning streak and likely will miss the playoffs for the third time in four years.Jason Grilli (7-5) allowed a two-out triple to Ronald Torreyes in the eighth. Pinch-hitter Billy Butler fouled off three straight pitches, then swung past a 94 mph fastball. Grilli pumped his hands twice, pounded his glove and pumped his hands again.I got a pitch I should have hit and fouled it off, Butler said.Roberto Osuna pitched a one-hit ninth for his 35th save in 38 chances, completing Torontos second straight three-hitter.POWER PACKBautista is the sixth Blue Jays player to reach the 20-homer plateau, the most since 2010. He joins Encarnacion (42), Donaldson (36), Michael Saunders (24), Troy Tulowitzki (24) and Russell Martin (20).TRAINERS ROOMYankees: 3B Chase Headley (back) and Teixeira (neck) were held out of the starting lineup. Headley went 0 for 7 Thursday and Friday after sitting out the previous three games. Teixeira entered as a defensive replacement in the eighth.UP NEXTRHP Michael Pineda (6-11, 4.89) starts for New York in Sundays series finale and RHP Marco Estrada (9-9, 3.62) for Toronto. Pineda has failed to complete five innings in three of his past four outings and is winless in eight starts, matching a career-worst streak. Estrada snapped a three-start losing streak with seven shutout innings against Seattle last Monday. Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 28/12/2016 02:17:15    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Forum Des Etudiants En Médecine -> Espace PCEM - 1ère & 2ème Année Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation