Cafe-Med.net

first homer while batting left-handed since June 6, 2013

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Pour Les Nouveaux Membres -> Règles Générales
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555
ForuManiac
ForuManiac

Faculté: MJH

MessagePosté le: 15/12/2016 08:19:33    Sujet du message: first homer while batting left-handed since June 6, 2013 Répondre en citant

LOS ANGELES -- Josh Beckett and Adam Wainwright were both on their game in a pitching duel that exceeded all expectations. Pinch-hitter Justin Turner delivered an RBI single in the eighth inning off Wainwright, and the Los Angeles Dodgers edged the St. Louis Cardinals 1-0 Thursday night in their first meeting since last years NL championship series. Beckett pitched seven sharp innings in his showdown with the Cardinals ace, who held the Dodgers hitless through five. Left fielder Matt Kemp helped Beckett by throwing out a runner at the plate in the seventh. Beckett scattered four hits, walked two and struck out four. The right-hander has a 1.34 ERA over his last seven starts, a stretch that began with his no-hitter in Philadelphia on May 25. His season ERA is 2.11 in 15 starts. "I knew it was going to be tough, but I dont think I deserve very much of the credit," Beckett said. "My defence really picked me up tonight, and we got a late run off of a pretty tough pitcher." Juan Uribe, just off the disabled list after missing 34 games with a right hamstring strain, led off the eighth with a single and advanced on a sacrifice bunt by Drew Butera before rookie Miguel Rojas infield single put runners at the corners. Turner, batting for reliever Brian Wilson, came through with his 20th RBI of the season. "I think hes used to that. Hes gotten some big hits for us this year," Kemp said. "Hes always ready to hit, and tonight he got the big hit. It was a battle today. It was a battle of the pitchers -- two good pitchers going at it, and we had to wait out Wainwright." Wilson (1-2) tossed a perfect inning and Kenley Jansen got three outs for his 24th save. "Thats how playoff games usually are -- 1-0. When we play them, its always two good teams going at it," Kemp said. "I think our pitchers match up with their pitchers, and vice versa. Weve had some battles over the years, and theyve gotten the best of us the last couple of years. But hopefully we can grind it out and see them in the playoffs again this year." The Cardinals won 97 games last season, five more than Los Angeles, and beat the Dodgers in the NLCS. Wainwright won Game 3 at Dodger Stadium. This time, Wainwright (10-4) took a hard-luck loss, giving up five hits while going the distance for the 19th time in 201 regular-season starts. The right-hander was runner-up to Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw in last years NL Cy Young Award voting. "I think one run would have been enough tonight the way he was throwing the ball," said Cardinals second baseman Mark Ellis, a former Dodger. "He was typical Wainwright. He has four above-average pitches and throws them wherever he wants. He knows their lineup and how to throw those guys." Wainwright walked his first batter, Dee Gordon, then retired 15 in a row before Rojas led off the sixth with a clean single to left field. Beckett followed with a Texas Leaguer to right, and Allen Craig made a diving catch with the outfield playing shallow against the pitcher. Gordon followed with a bloop single to left, but Yasiel Puig grounded into a double play. Puig, the NL player of the month for May, is batting .242 with no homers, six RBIs and 25 strikeouts in 25 games since his last home run on May 28 against Cincinnatis Homer Bailey at Dodger Stadium. Craig hit a two-out double in the seventh, just beyond Puigs reach on the right-field warning track, then tried to score on Jon Jays sharp single to left. Kemp charged the ball and threw a perfect strike to Butera in front of the plate for a sweep tag as Beckett thrust both arms over his head in jubilation. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny challenged the call by umpire Vic Carapazza, but a replay review upheld the decision and the game remained scoreless. "I wasnt surprised they sent him. Right there in the late innings, its do or die," Kemp said. "I got a good jump on it, got to the ball quick and threw it. Butera made a good tag and we got the out. Defence is just as important as offence. Defence won us that game today." NOTES: Cardinals RHP Joe Kelly, on the DL with a left hamstring strain thats sidelined him for 66 games, is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment Friday with Triple-A Memphis. ... Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez missed his third straight game with a sore right shoulder and had an MRI. ... The Dodgers flight from Kansas City didnt arrive in Los Angeles until about 2 a.m. following their 5-4 win over the Royals, and manager Don Mattingly called off batting practice. ... The Cardinals began a five-game stretch in which they will face all three pitchers who have thrown no-hitters this season, including Kershaw on Sunday and San Franciscos Tim Lincecum on Tuesday. ... The Dodgers were 20-14 in Uribes absence. ... Adrian Gonzalezs RBI streak ended at seven games, one shy of the L.A. Dodgers record shared by Puig, Tommy Davis, Reggie Smith, Adrian Beltre and Shawn Green. Terrence Brooks Ravens Jersey. Kenny Miller scored from the penalty spot and Camilo Sanvezzo came off the bench to add two late goals as the Whitecaps kept their playoff hopes alive with a 3-0 victory over the sagging Impact on Saturday afternoon. Kyle Juszczyk Ravens Jersey. -- The Los Angeles Clippers chose not to speak publicly about owner Donald Sterling before they faced the Golden State Warriors for Game 4 of their first-round series Sunday. http://www.cheapravensshoponline.com/Youth-Justin-Tucker-Ravens-Jersey/. Mauer struck out to end the inning, with a runner on third base in the seventh on Wednesday and the Twins trailing 1-0. Everybody does this, of course, in a sport with a 30 per cent success rate at the plate long proven to be a benchmark of excellence. Torrey Smith Ravens Jersey.com) - Even-money favorite Liams Map proved a little too tough down the stretch and won Saturdays $100,000 Harlans Holiday Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Will Hill Ravens Jersey. - Frankie (The Answer) Edgar dominated B.NEW YORK -- Its been 20 months since Masahiro Tanaka lost a regular-season game -- in any country. Garrett Richards and the Los Angeles Angels had a chance to end that streak until Mark Teixeira found his power stroke from the left side of the plate. Teixeira hit a tying homer and Jacoby Ellsbury scored the go-ahead run thanks to a passed ball and wild pitch in the eighth inning, sending the New York Yankees to a 3-2 victory Sunday night. Tanaka struck out a season-high 11, including Mike Trout twice, and overcame an early bout of wildness in a tight pitchers duel with Richards. Neither starter received a decision, leaving both undefeated this year. "Tanaka had it going," Yankees catcher Brian McCann said. "It was a good team win." David Robertson struck out pinch-hitter Raul Ibanez with a runner on second to end it, and New York has won 10 of 14 after taking two of three in the series. David Freese homered for the Angels, who went 4-5 on a tough road trip to Detroit, Washington and New York. Tanaka walked four in 6 1-3 innings against the Angels, who began the day leading the majors in homers. The $155 million rookie was on the hook for his first regular-season loss since August 2012 in Japan until Teixeira homered leading off the seventh. "Obviously, I was really happy that the score was tied," Tanaka said through a translator. "I was hoping that our offence could come back and put us back in the game." New York broke the tie without a hit in the eighth, a rough inning for Angels catcher Chris Iannetta. With the score 2-all, Michael Kohn (1-1) walked Ellsbury and Carlos Beltran. Nick Maronde relieved, and both runners advanced on Iannettas passed ball. "It was a fastball right there and I just missed it," Iannetta said. "One of the dumbest plays Ive made in my career -- or not made." McCann barely stayed alive with a couple of foul tips, and Maronde bounced a breaking ball in front of the plate. The ball ricocheted off Iannetta and far enough away for Ellsbury to score easily. Adam Warren (1-1) fanned two in 1 2-3 scoreless innings. Robertson worked the ninth for his fourth save and second in two days, whiffing Ibanez seconds before security workers tackled a fan who ran into the outfield. New York managed only three hits, winning a game with three or fewer for the first time since July 7, 2006, at Tampa Bay. Tanaka had the most strikeouts by a Yankees rookie since Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez whiffed 13 Texas Rangers on Aug.dddddddddddd 13, 1998. The team said his 46 strikeouts this season are the third-most since 1900 for a major league pitcher in his first five career starts, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Herb Score (50) and Stephen Strasburg (4Cool were the only ones with more. Tanaka is 31-0 combined in Japan and the United States over his last 39 regular-season starts. He did lose Game 6 of the Japan Series last year -- before earning a save in Game 7. "First and foremost, I want to win the ballgame. But it wouldve been nice to give him his first loss," Richards said. Richards took a two-hitter and a 2-1 lead into the seventh, when Teixeira launched a 2-2 pitch into the second deck in right field for his second home run since returning from the disabled list last Sunday. It was Teixeiras first homer while batting left-handed since June 6, 2013. His season ended nine days later due to a right wrist injury that required surgery. "Thats my swing when Im healthy. Thats the swing that I want," Teixeira said. "Its a good sign that I start seeing results." Freese sent Tanakas first pitch of the sixth to right-centre for his second home run with the Angels since they acquired him from St. Louis in a November trade. Tanaka had an amazing ratio of 35 strikeouts to two walks in his first four starts, which covered 29 1-3 innings. But he struggled with his command early on this 54-degree night, walking a batter in each of the first four innings. Albert Pujols even stared out at the mound after Tanaka backed him off the plate with two straight pitches in the third. The walks caught up with Tanaka in the fourth, when Erick Aybar led off with a double and scored on an RBI groundout by J.B. Shuck with the bases loaded. New York tied it in the fifth. A leadoff walk to Teixeira and Brian Roberts one-out double set up Ichiro Suzukis run-scoring groundout against Richards. "Garrett was terrific. He had explosive stuff," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "I think both pitchers went toe to toe. We just couldnt get it done late." NOTES: The Angels have led in 10 of their 13 losses. ... A test on INF Yangervis Solartes sore right shoulder showed no damage, New York manager Joe Girardi said. ... The Yankees are off Monday before Robinson Cano returns to New York with the Seattle Mariners on Tuesday night. Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 15/12/2016 08:19:33    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Pour Les Nouveaux Membres -> Règles Générales Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation