Cafe-Med.net

and rubs off on guys." Miller is also relativel

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Pour Les Nouveaux Membres -> Règles Générales
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555
Très Bavard
Très Bavard

Faculté: MJH

MessagePosté le: 21/11/2016 07:43:40    Sujet du message: and rubs off on guys." Miller is also relativel Répondre en citant

PITTSBURGH -- The lessons Chuck Noll passed down to his players -- maxims that often applied as much to life as to football -- are tacked on the wall in Mike Mularkeys office. They say things like "stress is when you dont know what youre doing" and "I wasnt hired to motivate players, I was hired to coach motivated players." They ring as true now as they did when Mularkey heard them the first time playing tight end for the Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Fame coach 25 years ago. Its why Mularkey made sure he had a chance to say goodbye, joining Steelers past and present, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and several hundred friends and family on Tuesday for a funeral mass honouring Noll, who passed away last week at age 82. "Ive gotten more from Chuck off the field as much as I got on the field about how to do things the right way," said Mularkey, now a tight ends coach with Tennessee. "Family was important. Balance in life was important." And that, as much as the record four Super Bowls Noll won while transforming the Steelers from an NFL afterthought into a dynasty during the 1970s is what will resonate for the city he championed and the team he built from scratch. The men he moulded embraced at Saint Paul Cathedral. They clutched programs featuring a picture of a vibrant Noll wearing a polo shirt, shorts and the closest he ever came to a smile while at work. Each vowed to carry on the lessons Noll imparted from his first day of coaching to his waning days. Steelers President Art Rooney II and Hall of Fame defensive tackle Joe Greene were among the pallbearers, a responsibility Greene wished he could have avoided but one he ultimately welcomed as a final gift from the coach who changed his life. "It meant Chuck was thinking of me," Greene said, "and thats special." Noll and Greene will be forever entwined in Steelers history. Noll was a rookie head coach in 1969 when he selected the massive but somewhat unknown Greene in the first round of the NFL draft. It was a pick met with skepticism but one that changed the course of the organization and Greenes life. "If he hadnt chosen me, maybe I wouldnt have been a Pittsburgh Steeler," Greene said. "Maybe I wouldnt have had the opportunity to be coached by Chuck Noll. And that probably would not have fared very well for me." Instead, Noll and Greene served as the core of a team that dominated the 1970s, winning four titles in a six-year span thanks to a seemingly never-ending stream of Hall of Famers guided by a man who made it his mission to ensure they learned more than just Xs and Os. Greene, nicknamed "Mean Joe" for his menacing demeanour on the field, remembers destroying a door one day "when things werent going my way." Rather than let Greene off the hook or rip into the cornerstone of the "Steel Curtain" defence, Noll took a different approach. "Chuck came to the room and knocked on the door and said Thatll be $500 and that was the end of the story," Greene said. Despite rising to the top of his profession, Noll preferred not to bask in the limelight. Its telling that while Hall of Famers like Greene, Blount, running back Franco Harris and wide receiver John Stallworth sat in the pews at the cathedral -- just a few miles across town from where Noll worked at bygone Three Rivers Stadium -- they were surrounded by longtime employees of the organization and friends from all walks of life. Bishop David Zubik, who performed Tuesdays ceremony, was a young priest in the late 1970s when he somehow managed to get Noll to agree to give a speech on leadership to a group of high school athletes. They set it up in the spring of 1979. The speech wasnt until January 1980. Months passed. The season came and went, ending with the Steelers beating the Los Angeles Rams at the Rose Bowl to claim the teams fourth Vince Lombardi Trophy. Two days later back in Pittsburgh, Noll drove himself to the retreat where he found a stunned Zubik waiting for him. Noll delivered as promised, giving a rousing talk to a group of young players that included future Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino, then a local prep star. It didnt matter that Noll might have been exhausted. It didnt matter that he had every right to cancel. That simply wasnt Nolls way. He made a promise. He had to keep it. "Thats the thing about coach Noll," Zubik said. "Everybody was important." Its a legacy that will carry on in the city Noll called home and within the walls of the franchise he defined. "Four championships, youve got to feel that," current Steelers centre Maurkice Pouncey said. "We walk by those Super Bowl trophies every day here, and it all started with Coach Noll." James Patrick Rangers Jersey. -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres. Rod Gilbert Rangers Jersey.C. - Alberta prop Andrew Tiedemann will captain Canada against Uruguay on Friday, the opening day of competition at the IRB Americas Rugby Championship. http://www.rangershockeyonlineshop.com/brian-leetch-hockey-jersey/. - Wesley Matthews got a chance to practice his bow-and-arrow 3-point celebration on Sunday night. Ron Greschner Jersey. Rosbergs time of 1 minute, 33.185 seconds at the Bahrain International Circuit was a quarter of a second faster than Hamilton, who had to abandon his final flying lap after running wide at the first corner. Mike Gartner Rangers Jersey. The German has taken the pole for three straight races -- winning the first two. Hes aiming for a third consecutive win at the Yeongam circuit and, most importantly, a fourth consecutive F1 championship.ARLINGTON, Va. -- Ryan Miller was simply brilliant at the 2010 Winter Olympics. He put the U.S. in a position to win silver and came within a goal of gold. The Buffalo Sabres goaltender was named tournament MVP after making 139 saves on 147 shots over six games. Not a bad, little run. His Olympic journey, however, may have ended there. Even though hes just 33 years old, potentially in the prime of his career, theres a chance he might not be at the Sochi Games. Miller has struggled to have success since the last Olympics for the Sabres, whose rebuilding efforts may include trading him with one year left on his contract. USA Hockey coaches and officials invited 48 players to this weeks camp because of their body of work or potential as a future Olympian, but management has made it clear how each player performs for their NHL club from October through December will be pivotal when the 25-man roster is revealed on New Years Day. "Ryan is well aware of that," general manager David Poile said Tuesday at the Washington Capitals training facility, as Team USA wrapped up a camp. Miller is one of six goalies in the mix and hes in a pack of perhaps four players vying for two spots behind Los Angeles Kings and Stanley Cup-winning star Jonathan Quick. "Its wide open," Miller acknowledged. That may be bad news for him. Jimmy Howard of the Detroit Red Wings, Craig Anderson of the Ottawa Senators and Cory Schneider of the New Jersey Devils might get the other two spots as Quicks backups. John Gibson, a 20-year-old prospect, was also invited to this weeks camp, but isnt expected to make the team. Miller made it clear what his goal is over the final months of 2013. "I want to make the team," he said. "I want to be the guy who is there stopping pucks in Sochi. I want to start." Miller started in each of the six games at the Vancouver Games and the only game he didnt finish was a 6-1 rout against Finland in the semifinals. His run included a spectacular, 42-save performance in a 5-3 win over Canada in the preliminary round. "It was the best two weeks Ive seen a goalie play in my lifetime," said Quick, who was the third goalie behind Miiller and Tim Thomas in 2010.dddddddddddd Quick, though, has perhaps been the best goalie on the planet the past two years. He lifted Los Angeles to a Stanley Cup championship in 2012 -- allowing an average of 1.41 goals a game during the playoffs -- and helped the Kings reach the 2013 Western Conference finals while giving up an average of fewer than two goals a game. During each of the last two postseasons, Quick had three shutouts. Quicks time, for the Americans, seems to be now. "What makes Quickie unique is his attitude," Kings and U.S. teammate Dustin Brown said. "Hell make a save he has no business making and then hell flip the puck out to the dot like it was just another save. His quiet arrogance trickles down and rubs off on guys." Miller is also relatively quiet, and has been mostly mum about the trade rumours swirling around him this off-season, but insisted he doesnt resent the fact that he appears to be on the trading block. "Thats the nature of sports," Miller said. "Its a transitional time in Buffalo. ... I think its still a feeling-out process about where I fit into that. I got one more year left and my intention is to be the best I can be. "I feel like I still have a lot of hockey left and feel like I can still play at a high level." The one puck Miller couldnt stop in 2010 that haunted him for a while was Sidney Crosbys wrist shot 7:40 into overtime that gave Canada the gold. "Its not a sore subject for me, anymore, but its definitely bittersweet," Miller said. "It was a lot of fun to play hockey at such a high level in a great place, where they respect hockey, but at the same time it wasnt the fairy-tale ending. You just have to trudge on and hope for your next opportunity." It will be up to Poile and his advisory group, which includes some other NHL general managers, to decide if Miller will get that chance in Russia. While every spot on the team is important, none will be more than who is in net. "We got to make the right decision," Poile said. "Because if we screw up on one up guy, that could be the difference between us winning and not winning." Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 21/11/2016 07:43:40    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Pour Les Nouveaux Membres -> Règles Générales Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation