Cafe-Med.net

just the way things are going right now

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Pour Les Nouveaux Membres -> Règles Générales
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555
Très Bavard
Très Bavard

Faculté: MJH

MessagePosté le: 12/09/2016 07:30:25    Sujet du message: just the way things are going right now Répondre en citant

EDMONTON -- Chris Jones is from the small town of South Pittsburgh, Tenn. Larry Warford Lions Jersey ., where, he says, theres a lot of blue collar people who "work extremely hard for their money." And that hard work, he said, is what he will bring to the Edmonton Eskimos as the 20th head coach in their history. He also brings a wealth of CFL experience. Hes been a defensive coach since 2002, including stints as an assistant head coach two years in Calgary and most recently as assistant head coach, assistant general manager and defensive co-ordinator for the Toronto Argonauts. Jones has been in the post-season each of his 12 years in the league, won seven division titles and three Grey Cups. The length of terms of his contract were not revealed. "Today is about 2014 and beyond," Eskimo general manager Ed Hervey said in introducing Jones to the media and fans on Wednesday. "I know I have selected the right person to coach this team. We know there is work to do but we are committed to making this thing right and I believe our team is in the right hands of Chris Jones." Saying he was "tremendously excited" to have his first head coaching job, Jones told the gathering of about 50 people in the Eskimos dressing room that he remembers growing up in South Pittsburgh "where they make cast iron and all I wanted to do is be a head football coach. "Now I have a chance to do it with what I feel like is the best organization in this league and I fully expect to put together a great staff, I fully expect to win a ton of games and bring a Grey Cup back here. "My teams have won a lot of games, Grey Cup championships. Its been a tremendous, tremendous ride and its going to continue in Edmonton." One of his first priorities is to secure a coaching staff. He wouldnt mention any names, he said, because many of the people hes looking at are employed by other teams and hes waiting for permission to speak to the individuals. But, he said, when it comes to finding his staff and upgrading the player roster, "were going to hit the ground running. This is not going to be one of those slow procedures. . . its going to come rather quickly." Jones, who was a guest coach with Edmonton in 1999 when Hervey was a rookie receiver on the team, brings an aggressive style and attitude and said the Eskimos will play that way under his regime. He takes over a team that went 4-14 in 2013, a record that resulted in the firing of head coach Kavis Reed and at times had Hervey publicly criticizing the players. "Some of the parts are here," Jones said of the Eskimos. "Its just a matter of finding some help in other spots. To win you need great players, great coaches and in the next few months we will work on that." Hervey, who publicly apologized to members of the media for his attitude towards and treatment of last season, said he wanted a head coach similar to him and he likes the fit between himself and Jones. "His resume speaks for itself. He has the type of attitude that we need here. The expectation levels are high and when you talk about what is expected I felt there was only one person who could meet those expectations and hes standing in front of you. "I made the right football decision, for many reasons. I firmly believe we have the right guy for the job. I believe in Chris Jones. When I look at our club I honestly believe he gives us the best chance of winning." Tim Wright Lions Jersey .Benfica leads Porto by six points before it visits Pacos Ferreira on Monday.Bruno Gallo scored what proved to be Maritimos winner with a left-footed volley in the 32nd minute. Darrin Walls Lions Jersey . PAUL, Minn.SAN DIEGO -- Two games, two dramatic wins. It may be just what the struggling San Diego Padres need. Will Venable hit a two-run single in the 12th inning to give the Padres a 6-5 win over the Kansas City Royals on Monday night, their second consecutive victory in their final at-bat. San Diego used Yonder Alonsos slow grounder to score Cameron Maybin with the game-winning run Sunday in the ninth inning of a 4-3 win over Arizona. "Coming on the heels of (Sundays) win, its great," Padres manager Bud Black said. "We are seeing subtle signs. These are the kind of games that can lift guys." Venable singled off Tim Collins (0-2) and over the head of right fielder Lorenzo Cain, driving in Chris Denorfia and Alonso. Denorfia led off the inning with a single off Louis Coleman before Collins came on. After a sacrifice, Alonso reached on a bloop double to left to bring up Venable. For the offensively challenged Padres, the two games may be signs that the team is ready to break out of its season-long funk. San Diego is ranked near or at the bottom in the majors in just about every offensive category. "Bottom line, we just have to get a W," Alonso said. "I dont care how we do it. We have seen it all. This game will do a lot of crazy things on you. (Sunday), we get a game-winner on a bunt swing. (Monday), Will hit a mammoth single. This game will do a lot of things to you. You just have to keep your head up." The Padres rallied back with a pair of homers to tie the game twice and force extra innings. Jedd Gyorko, who is hitting.164, hit a solo homer with one out in the ninth inning off Royals closer Greg Holland to tie the game at 4. It was Hollands first blown save in eight chances. Yasmani Grandal hit a three-run shot off Royals rookie Yordano Ventura in the sixth to tie the score 3-all. "We are a team that doesnt give up, even if we are down by three runs," Alonso said. "We just keep chipping awaay, chipping away and the next thing you know were winning the ball game. Glover Quin Lions Jersey. ." Eric Hosmer homered and drove in three runs for Kansas City, which extended its season-high losing streak to five games despite a season-high 16 hits. Cain, who came off the disabled list before the game, had four hits. The Royals grabbed a brief lead in the 12th inning when Mike Moustakas hit an RBI single to score Salvador Perez off Tim Stauffer (1-0). "Any time you lose, its painful, it hurts, especially when you are struggling a bit," Royals manager Ned Yost said. Hosmer hit his first homer of the season, a solo shot off Nick Vincent, to put Kansas City ahead 4-3 in the seventh. "We had plenty of opportunities to put it away," Hosmer said. "Thats just the way things are going right now. This is definitely one of the tougher losses of the season." Ventura had allowed just two hits in five shutout innings before giving up Grandals homer. The right-hander allowed five hits, did not walk a batter and struck out a career-high 10 in six innings. Ventura extended his scoreless innings streak to 18 scoreless innings before Grandals homer. Ventura collected his first major league hit with a sharp single leading off the fifth. Nori Aoki followed with a single and both runners moved up on a fly out. Hosmer grounded a two-run single up the middle for a 3-0 lead. Padres starter Eric Stults had his second tough outing as he lasted just 4 2-3 innings, allowing three runs and 11 hits. The left-hander tied a season high by allowing five runs over 2 2-3 innings -- his shortest start since April 2009 -- in his last start. NOTES: Maybin left the game during the top of the seventh inning with a stomach ailment. ... Cain (left groin strain) was activated from 15-day DL and INF/OF Jimmy Paredes was optioned to Triple-A Omaha. ... Royals RHP Jeremy Guthrie (2-2, 4.50 ERA) faces Padres LHP Robbie Erlin (1-4, 5.83) on Wednesday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 12/09/2016 07:30:25    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Cafe-Med.net Index du Forum -> Pour Les Nouveaux Membres -> Règles Générales Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation